Friday, September 18, 2009

HAZRAT IBRAHIM (PEACE BE UPON HIM)

Allah to grant him righteous offspring. Granting the prayer, Allah gave him the happy news of a gentle son: "We gave him the good news of a gentle son" (As-Saaffat-101). Hazrat Ibrahim (PBUH) took the infant Ismael (PBUH) and his mother Hazrat Hajra (Allah be pleased with her) to the uninhabited jungle and barren valley of Makkah and left them there. While taking leave of them, he thus prayed for the mother and son: "Lord! I have settled some of my descendants in a barren valley near The Sacred House. Lord! I have done this in the hope that they would establish salat there. So make the hearts of the people yearn towards them, and provide fruits for their good: maybe they become grateful. (Ibrahim; 37) Recall the time when Ibrahim prayed, saying, "Lord! make this city (Makkah) a city of peace, and protect me and my descendants from the worship of idols" (Ibrahim-35). It is reported in Sahalain that the Holy Prophet (SAW) had observed. "From Beni Ismael Allah chose Kina'ana, and from Beni Kaanana, the Quraish and from the Quraish the Beni Hasham and from the Beni Hashim, me." (Mishkat) This tradition establishes that the Holy Prophet (SAW) had descended in a direct line from Hazrat Ismael (PBUH), the eldest son of the progenitor Hazrat Ibrahim (PBUH). Ibn-i-Hisham states that Abu Bakr, Ibn-i-Abbas, Ibn-i-Umar and a section among the Tabeian had reported the Holy Prophet (SAW) as saying: "I am the son of two Zabeehain (those who were to be slaughtered as sacrifice). One was my forebear Ismael and the other my father Abdullah bin Abdul Muttaleb."

No comments:

Google search

search result

bid